This traditional Swedish cracker recipe comes from my sister-in-law's mother, Anna Lena.
3/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
1 cup warm water
2-3 tsp sea salt flakes, such as Maldon
- Pre-heat oven to 300F. Line a jellyroll or sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except the salt in a bowl, mixing to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared pan. It should be at least 14" X 16" in size and will seem very thin. You can use an offset spatula to do this.
- Sprinkle the sea salt flakes evenly over the entire surface.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.