Yield: 1 dozen crepes
1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup low-fat 1% milk
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons butter, melted
2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup Egg Beaters product)
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Combine milk, water, melted butter, and eggs in a blender.Add the flour mixture to milk mixture, and process until smooth.Cover batter; chill for 1 hour.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick crepe pan or skillet over medium heat. Butter pan if necessary to keep batter from sticking.
- Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers pan with a thin film. Cook about 1 minute. Carefully lift the edge of the crepe with a spatula to test for doneness. The crepe is ready to turn when it can be shaken loose from the pan and the underside is lightly browned.
- Turn crepe over, and cook for 30 seconds or until center is set.
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter, stirring batter between crepes.