1/2 fl. oz. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. salt
10 oz. all purpose or bread flour
10 oz. semolina flour
- Place the eggs, oil and salt in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Mix together the two types of flour in a separate bowl.
- Add one-third of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Gradually add more flour until the dough is dry and cannot absorb any more flour.
- Remove from bowl and knead on a floured surface for 7 minutes.
- Wrap dough well in plastic wrap and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, roll it into flat sheets by hand or with a pasta machine. Work with only a small portion at a time, keeping the remainder well-covered to prevent it from drying out.
- While the sheets of dough are still pliable, cut them into the desired widths/shapes with a chef's knife or pasta machine.
- Dust finished pasta with additional semolina flour on a sheet pan and let dry for 10-20 minutes.
Notes: When cooking pasta, allow 1 gallon salted water for each pound of pasta being cooked. After the pasta is cooked, drain it and then add a little oil to keep it from sticking together.
Adapted from On Cooking: a textbook of culinary fundamentals