Yield: 4-6 servings
1/4 cup butter
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 oz dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, drained, sliced
4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup drained oil-packed sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp capers, drained
1 1/2 cup half and half
1/3 cup dry sherry
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (divided)
9 oz linguini, cooked al dente, drained, kept warm
2 grilled chicken breasts (optional)
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add oil and mushrooms; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sundried tomatoes, walnuts and capers; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and sherry; heat through.
- Gradually stir in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Toss pasta with sauce and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Top with strips of grilled chicken, if using.
© Susanne Leighton 2009