- 3-1/2 cups Pamela's Gluten-Free all-purpose flour (or bread mix, minus the yeast)
- 2 sticks (16 TBSP) unsalted butter, chilled
- 7 to 8 TBSP ice cold water
- For a flakier crust, use 8 TBSP unsalted butter and 8 TBSP shortening
- For a non-dairy crust, use 8 TBSP margarine and 8 TBSP shortening
- In bowl, cut chilled butter through flour mix with two knives until small pea sized pieces are formed, or use paddle attachment on mixer. Slowly add water until dough comes together, not sticky. Add additional water if dough is too dry. Do not over-handle dough.
- Divide dough in half and roll out between two sheets of parchment or plastic wrap, until about 1/8" thickness.
- Peel off top paper and invert into a lightly greased pie dish. Peel off second sheet and fix crust edge. (Chill dough for 30 minutes if dough is too soft.)
For pre-baked crust: This crust is perfect pre-baked and then filled with pudding, fresh fruit or your favorite filling. Pre-heat oven to 350° and bake unfilled crust on bottom oven rack for 28-30 minutes.
For pies that bake with their crust: Fill unbaked crust with your favorite filling (quiche, pumpkin pie, apple pie filling, etc.) and bake following your pie recipe directions.
Freezing: Dough can be frozen for later use, wrap in plastic and freeze. Thaw completely to use.
Adapted from recipe provided by Pamela's Products, Inc. ©